Each year, just in time for the start of the new school year, Beloit comes out with their annual Mindset List. The list is intended to give a glimpse into this year's generation of incoming college students. The list is a great way for college administrators and professors to have a sense of who will be joining them on campus in the fall. It is also a great reminder to college counselors like myself of who we are interacting with on a daily basis!
The list for the Class of 2017 was released recently and you can check it out here.
Some of my favorites from the list include:
- Gaga has never been baby talk.
- With GPS, they have never needed directions to get someplace, just an address.
- They have never really needed to go to their friend’s house so they could study together.
- Their parents’ car CD player is soooooo ancient and embarrassing.
- Their parents have always bemoaned the passing of precocious little Calvin and sarcastic stuffy Hobbes.
Have fun reading the rest of the Mindset List!